3. ENGINE OIL LEVEL AND FILL
Check engine oil level daily after operating the engine. The engine must be on level ground to obtain
accurate oil level reading.
1. Engine stopped. Check oil level. If oil level is between MAX and MIN hashmarks, the
engine is safe to operate.
Do not add oil pass MAX level. Engine damage could
2. If oil level is below MIN hashmark, add oil as necessary to bring the level to the MAX hashmark.
4. AIR FILTER OIL BATH FILL AND SERVICE
1. Remove filter monthly (TM 10-4610-229-10, para 3-4).
Too much oil in filter will cause engine to smoke and
possibly overspeed. DO NOT overfill.
2. Fill bottom housing with engine oil to line.
Card 5 of 13