Figure 2-72. Backwash Water Tank
(2) After backwashing, adjust brine water level in tank to 7 inches. You may have to drain water
from tank or operate ROWPU normally until you obtain 7 inches.
(3) Check for 7-inch brine water level with telescoping aluminum mixing paddle. Paddle has a
7inch mark for checking the brine depth.
(4) Remove backwash hose from outlet of the backwash pump and connect VENT VESSELS
hose to outlet of the backwash pump.
If in the past, when using the same source water, brine has been very alkaline,
then more citric acid may be added to start; however, never let pH of brine drop
(5) Remove backwash hose from outlet of the backwash pump and connect VENT VESSELS
hose to outlet of backwash pump.
(6) Make sure REGULATE PRODUCT FLOW valve is open.
(7) Open VENT VESSELS valve. This valve should remain open at all times except when
producing purified water.
(8) Check to see that the valve on the bottom of backwash water tank is fully open (turned fully to
the left until it stops).