(2) Set chemical pump valves to PRIME (fig. 2-63).
(3) Run pump motor (37, fig. 2-4) to rinse chemical pumps. Ensure all control knobs (fig. 2-7)
are set to their maximum settings.
(4) Remove (Model 600-1) or disconnect (Model 600-3) intake hoses from all chemical
(5) Allow pump to run for 5 to 10 seconds to empty water from chemical pumps.
(6) Stop pump motor and empty chemical containers.
(7) Drain all hoses.
(8) (Model 600-3) Ensure chemical containers are secure in rack and rack is secured inside
ROWPU frame or on trailer.
Drain Product Water Tanks and Pump:
(1) Start and run distribution pump (40, fig. 23) until all water is drained from both product
(2) Shut off distribution pump.
(3) Roll up electrical cord onto holder on pump.
Drain Backwash Water Tank and Backwash Pump:
Use the ELEMENT CLEANING SWITCH (23, fig. 2-42) to start the backwash
pump. Using the START BACKWASH SWITCH will cause the unit to go into the
automatic backwash cycle.
(1) Start and run backwash pump using ELEMENT CLEANING SWITCH, until all water is
drained from brine water tank.
(2) Close backwash water (brine water) tank shutoff valve (fig. 2-66).
(3) Disconnect backwash suction hose at backwash pump.
(4) Open draincock on bottom of backwash pump. Drain pump and back wash strainer.
(5) Disconnect strainer and strap backwash strainer to frame of the pump.
(6) Close draincock on pump.
(7) Roll up electrical cord onto holder on pump.
Drain Raw Water Pumps No. 1 and 2, and Distribution Pump:
(1) Open pump vent valve (fig. 2-40).
2 - 87