(8) Remove the eight filter tubes (9) and discard.
Installation (Model No. 600-3).
(1) Install eight new filter tubes (9) making sure that the tubes seat is in the guides on the sump
(2) Replace compression plate (7) making sure that the tube guides (8) seat in the filter tubes (9).
(3) Replace O-ring (5) and filter cover (4).
Ensure all filter tubes are properly seated before tightening eyenuts.
(4) Slide eyenuts (1) with washers (2) into cover brackets (3) and tighten in the order shown
(5) Attach quick disconnect to vent (6).
(6) Operate ROWPU in normal manner (para 2-25) and check for leaks.
Figure 3-12. Cartridge Filter End Plate (Nut Tightening Sequence)
BACKWASH PUMP STRAINER (refer to fig. 3-13).
(1) Shut down ROWPU in normal manner (para. 2-31).
(2) Loosen T-handle screw assembly (1) by turning to the Ieft to release pressure on the strainer
(3) Loosen the two bolts (2) and swing the yoke (3) and the Thandle out of the way as shown.
(4) Using the two ears on the strainer cap (4), twist back and forth until it loosens and lifts off the
strainer housing (8).
(5) Remove the gasket (5) and discard if it is damaged or unserviceable.
(6) Lift handle on strainer screen (6) and remove screen from the strainer housing (8).