Chemicals used for operating ROWPU can kill you. The chemicals alone or in
mixture can be dangerous. ALWAYS wear protective clothing and make sure
area is well ventilated.
Use only chlorine-free water for mixing to prevent damage to ROWPU
membranes. If this is the first time the ROWPU is being started, use raw water to
mix chemicals. If you are restarting the unit, use brine from storage tank.
Mix polymer chemical:
(1) Fill 107 ml measure HALF-FULL with liquid polymer chemical (there is no half-full mark on
(2) Pour liquid chemical into POLYMER pail.
(3) Add brine (if available) or raw water up to the 3-gallon mark.
(4) Stir with wooden paddle for one minute (or longer), until all chemical is disolved.
(5) (Model 600-1 ) Leave POLYMER in the pail and place both tubes (from POLYMER valve and
pump) into the pail.
(6) (Model 600-3) Pour solution into 5-gallon container marked POLYMER.
w. Mix Chlorine Solution:
(1) Pour 3 gallons of brine into unmarked pail.
(2) Fill CALCIUM HYPOCHLORITE measure with 0.2 pounds (91 grams) of calcium
Mark one pail for chlorine use only. DO NOT use for other chemicals.
(3) Pour calcium hypochlorite into pail marked CHLORINE.
(4) Pour brine (if available) or raw water from unmarked pail into CHLORINE pail.
(5) Stir with wooden paddle for 1 minute (or longer), until all chemical is disolved.
Mixing calcium hypochlorite with water produces a chlorine solution. It is normal
to see white particles in the solution.
(6) (Model 600-1 ) Leave CHLORINE in the pail and place both tubes (from CHLORINE valve
and pump) into the pail.