2-42. DISTRIBUTION PUMP ASSEMBLY.
a. General. The distribution pump IS used to transfer purified drinking water from storage tanks tO the user's
containers. The distribution pump and spacer plate are bolted to a frame assembly. This paragraph describes the
removal, cleaning, inspection, and installation of the power cable assembly and distribution pump.
ELECTRICAL HIGH VOLTAGE
Electricity can cause serious injury or death. Be certain that all
power is removed before performing maintenance on electrical
b. Power Cable Assembly Removal. (Figure 2-42)
Remove four screws (1) from conduit box cover (2), conduit cover gasket (3), and conduit box (13).
Remove conduit box cover (2) and gasket (3) from conduit box (13).
Pull wires out far enough to expose taped ends and cut twine (4) that holds bundles together.
Remove tape (5) from ends of three sets of wires.
Mark each set of wires for ease of reassembly later.
Remove nut (6), lockwasher (7), and flat washers (8) from screw (10) on each set of wires.
Remove all wire lugs (9) from screw (10) on each set of wires.
Cable may be located on top or bottom of conduit box.
From inside conduit box (13), remove cable grip nut (10) from cable grip (12) and slide it off wires.
Remove remainder of cable grip (12) and cable assembly from conduit box.
Be sure Oring remains with the cable grip.
c. Distribution Pump Removal from Frame. (Figure 2-43)
(1) If motor is to be replaced, refer to paragraph 2-42b. If not, unwrap power cable and move bulk of
power cable out of the way for this operation.
(2) Remove locknut (1) and flat washer (2) from screw (4).
(3) Remove top cap chains (3) from screw (4).
(4) Remove screw (4) from frame (10).
Tilt assembly for hardware access.
(5) Remove four nuts (5) and four lockwashers (6) from bolts (7).
(6) Remove four bolts (7) from frame (10), spacer plate (9), and pump (8).
(7) Remove pump (8) from spacer plate (9) and out of frame (10).
(8) Remove spacer plate (9) from frame (10).