2-45. GATE VALVE.
a. General. There are two gate valves associated with the ROWPU. One iS used With the brine tank and the
other is used with the product water tank. This paragraph describes the disassembly, cleaning, inspection,
replacement, and reassembly. Adapters (1) and nipples (2) are stored in Box No. 2.
b. Disassembly. (Figure 2-47)
(1) Remove swivel adapter (1) from valve (3).
(2) Remove nipple (2) from valve (3).
(1) Remove dirt.
(2) Clean all threads.
(1) Inspect hardware for cracks or breaks. If unserviceable, replace.
(2) Inspect threads for damage. If threads are damaged beyond repair, replace.
e. Repair or Redate.
(1) Replace damaged or unserviceable valve.
f. Installation. (Figure 2-47)
(1) Install nipple (2) in valve (3).
(2) Install swivel adapter (1) in valve (3).
2-46 STORAGE BOX
a. General. The storage box iS located in the upper part of the ROWPU frame directly over the R.O.
highpressure pump. It is used to store packaged filter elements for the cartridge filter. This paragraph describes
how to remove, clean, inspect, repair, or replace and install the storage box.
Removal. (Figure 2--48)
(1) Remove nine nuts (1), nine lock washers (2), two flat washers (11), eight screws (3), and one screw
(2) Remove storage box (4) from frame.
Clean all surfaces with brush and soap solution.
Clean mounting surfaces of frame.
Clean all hardware.
Remove loose paint, rust, and corrosion.
(1) Inspect storage box for dents, cracks, or holes.
(2) Check hinge (8) for easy operation.
(3) Check panel latches for damage and proper operation.