e. Repair or Replace.
Small dents may be hammered flat.
Small cracks and holes may be welded for repair.
Hinge pin (5) may be reworked, if possible; otherwise, replace.
Door can be removed or disassembled from box by removing pin (5).
Remove and discard bracket (7), if damaged.
Replace all damaged panel latches (9) by drilling out rivets (10).
If damage is severe, replace entire storage box assembly.
(1) Check hinges for free movement.
(2) Check panel latches for positive latching.
(3) Check alignment of front cover.
g. Installation. (Figure 2--48).
(1) Install two brackets (7) to storage box (4).
(2) Hold storage box (4) in position on ROWPU frame and align mounting holes.
(3) Install screws (3), lockwashers (2), and nuts (1).
(4) Install four remaining screws (3), one screw (6), five lockwashers (2), and five nuts (1).
2-47. R.O. PUMP MOTOR
a. General. The R.O. pump motor is a 20horsepower motor that drives the R.O. pump. This paragraph
describes removal and installation of the R.O. pump motor.
b. Removal. (Figure 2-49)
(1) Remove R.O. pump belt shroud in accordance with paragraph 2-75.
(2) Remove R.O. pump belts in accordance with paragraph 2-76.
(3) Remove R.O. pump motor sheave assembly in accordance with paragraph 2-77.
ELECTRICAL HIGH VOLTAGE
Electricity can cause serious injury or death. Be certain that all
power is removed before performing maintenance on electrical
(4) Remove two cable clamps that secure power cable to motor plate.
(5) Remove four screws (1) and four toothed lockwashers (2) from conduit box gasket (4), conduit box
cover (3), and conduit box (22).
(6) Remove conduit box cover (3) and gasket (4) from conduit box (22).
(7) Pull wires out far enough to expose taped ends.
(8) Cut twine (5) that holds bundles together.