2-48. CHEMICAL FEED PUMP MOTOR.
a. General. This Paragraph describes the removal, cleaning, inspection, and Installation of the chemical feed
b. Chemical Feed Pump Motor Removal from Pump. (Figure 2-50)
ELECTRICAL HIGH VOLTAGE
Electricity can cause serious injury or death. Be certain that all
power is removed before performing maintenance on electrical
(1) Remove two screws (1) (ARMY), four screws (1) (USMC) from conduit box cover (2) and conduit box
(2) Remove conduit box cover (2) from conduit box (19).
(3) Pull wires out far enough to expose taped ends and cut twine (3) that holds bundles together.
(4) Remove tape (4) from ends of each set of wires.
Mark each set of wires for ease of reassembly later.
(5) Remove nut (5), lockwasher (6), and flat washer (7) from screw (9) on each set of wires.
(6) Remove all wire lugs (8) from screw (9) on each set of wires.
(7) Remove ground screw (10) from conduit box (19).
(8) Remove wire lug (11 ) from ground screw (10).
(9) From inside conduit box (19), remove cable grip nut (12) from cable grip (13) and slide cable grip nut
(12) off wires.
Remove remainder of cable grip (13) and cable assembly from conduit box (19).
Remove four bolts (14) and four lockwashers (15) from under pump motor (16) and pump.
Remove pump motor (16) from pump.
Loosen setscrew (20) in shaft-to-pump coupler (17).
Remove shaft-to-pump coupler (17) and plastic coupling insert (18) from pump motor (16).
If motor is to be sent to Direct Support Maintenance for repair,
replace grounding screw in conduit box. Also replace conduit box
cover on conduit box and secure with two screws.