Install ground wire lug (11 ) with ground screw (10).
Slip tagged wire lugs (8) over screws (9) on each set of wires.
Install flat washer (7), lockwasher (6), and nut (5) on screw (9) for each set of wires.
Wrap each screw and wire lug assembly with tape (4).
Using lacing cord (3), tie wires into bundle.
Carefully insert wire bundles into back of conduit box (19).
Hold conduit box cover (2) in place.
Install screws (1) into conduit box cover (2) and conduit box (19).
2-49. BOOSTER PUMP ASSEMBLY.
a. General. The booster pump assembly increases the pressure of the water from the multimedia filter to the
cartridge filter. This paragraph describes removal, cleaning, inspection, and installation of the booster pump
b. Removal. (Figure 251 )
ELECTRICAL HIGH VOLTAGE
Electricity can cause serious injury or death. Be certain that all
power is removed before performing maintenance on electrical
(1) Trace power cable back to clamp (23) located next to multimedia filter.
(2) Remove screw (1) and flat washer (2) from clamp (23) and ROWPU frame (22).
(3) Unscrew pipe union (3) to pump (20).
(4) Loosen two hose clamps (5) enough to slide down hose (4).
(5) Disconnect hose (4) from pump (20).
(6) Remove two hose clamps (5) from hose (4).
(7) Remove four bolts (6) and four lockwashers (7) from ROWPU frame (22), spacer plate (21), and
booster pump (20).
Do not pull on power cable. It will damage the wiring.
Carefully turn pump (20) on its side to reach conduit box (24).
Remove four screws (8) from conduit box cover (9), cover gasket (10), and conduit box (24).
Remove conduit box cover (9) and cover gasket (10) from conduit box (24).
Pull wires out far enough to expose taped ends and cut twine (11) that holds bundles together.
Remove tape (12) from ends of each set of wires.
Mark each set of wires for ease of reassembly later.