(13) Remove nut (13), lockwasher (14), and flat washer (15) from screw (17) on each set of wires.
(14) Remove all wire lugs (16) from screw (17) on each set of wires.
(15) From inside conduit box (24), remove cable grip nut (18) from cable grip (19) and slide cable grip nut
(18) off wires.
(16) Remove remainder of cable grip (19) and cable assembly from conduit box (24).
(17) Remove pump (20) from spacer plate (21).
(18) Remove spacer plate (21 ) from ROWPU frame (22).
(19) Remove input pipe (25) from pump (20).
Drycleaning solvent Fed. Spec. PD680 is potentially
dangerous. Avoid repeated and prolonged breathing of vapors
and skin contact. Do not use near open flame, arcing equipment
or other ignition sources. Always wear protective clothing and
(1) Wash booster pump assembly with cleaning solvent Fed. Spec. P-D-680.
(2) Allow to dry.
(3) Remove rust and loose paint from booster pump assembly and mounting plate. Prepare for painting, if
(4) Remove dirt and rust from screws, bolts, and washers.
(5) Wipe power cable and terminals with cleaning solvent Fed. Spec. P-D-680.
Check booster pump assembly for damage.
Discard flexible hose.
Discard hose clamps.
Check power cable for cracked insulation, bare wires, and broken or missing terminals.
Inspect screws and bolts for stripped heads and threads and damaged shanks.
e. Repair or Replace.
Replace damaged or worn flexible hose.
Replace all hose clamps and gaskets.
Replace damaged or worn electrical cable.
Replace all damaged screws, nuts, bolts, and washers.
Replace damaged or unserviceable booster pump.
Send damaged booster pump to Direct Support Maintenance for repair.
Spacer plate may be welded for repair. If severely damaged, replace.