Inspect control box assembly and cover for cracks and dents.
Inspect control box assembly for broken welds.
Discard cover gasket.
Inspect screws and bolts for stripped heads and threads and for bent or broken shanks.
Inspect nuts for stripped threads.
f. Repair or Replace.
(1) Repair broken welds.
(2) Replace all cover gaskets.
(3) Replace control box assembly, if badly damaged.
(4) Repaint in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures.
(1) Install backwash timer cable (18) and panel light cable (19) in control box assembly (6) in accordance
with paragraphs 256 and 2-66.
(2) Install all cable clamps and wire harnesses in control box assembly in accordance with paragraph
(3) Install power cable receptacle in control box assembly (6) in accordance with paragraph 2-60.
(4) Install grounding screw (17) in control box (6).
(5) Install toothed lockwasher (16) and wire lugs (15) on grounding screw (17).
(6) Install electrical flatwasher (14), lockwasher (13), and nut (12) on grounding screw (17).
(7) Install and connect EMERGENCY STOP switch in accordance with paragraph 2-58.
(8) Install and connect all indicator lampholders and lamps in accordance with paragraph 2-59.
(9) Install and connect all toggle switches in accordance with paragraph 2-58.
(10) Install and connect all terminal blocks in accordance with paragraph 2-62.
Remove all identifying tags after wires are reconnected and
(11 ) Apply RTV sealant to both sides of gasket (11).
Ensure that RTV sealant forms a complete seal around entire
edge of the control box cover (10).
(12) Install gasket (11 ) and cover (10) on control box assembly (6) using fourteen flatwashers (9), fourteen
lockwashers (8), and fourteen screws (7).
h. Installation. (Figure 254)
Hold control box assembly (6) in place.
Insert four bolts (5) into control panel and control box assembly (6).
Install four lockwashers (4) and four nuts (3) on bolts (5).
Connect panel light cable (19) from panel light in accordance with paragraph 2-66.
Connect backwash timer control connector (2) to control box assembly connector (18).
Connect power cable (1) to control box assembly (6).