2-58. TOGGLE SWITCHES.
a. General. Eleven toggle switches control the various electrical components of the ROWPU. Ten are On the
front of the control box assembly and one R.O. ELEMENT CLEANING is on the left side of the control box
assembly. This paragraph describes removal, cleaning, inspection, and installation of the toggle switches.
b. Removal of Toggle Switch. (Figure 264)
ELECTRICAL HIGH VOLTAGE
Electricity can cause serious injury or death. Be certain that all
power is removed before performing maintenance on electrical
Switches may have a different number of wires, depending on
use. Steps for removal, however, do not change.
(1) From inside control box assembly or switch housing, remove screws (1) and wires (2) from switch (6).
(Refer to schematic, figure 1-12.)
(2) From front of control box assembly or switch housing, remove mounting nut (3) and lockwasher (4)
from switch (6).
(3) Remove switch (6) from inside control box assembly or switch housing.
(4) Remove locking ring (5) from switch (6).
c. Removal, Emergency Stop Switch. (Figure 265)
(1) Unscrew and remove knob (1) and locking nut (2) from switch (5).
(2) Remove switch (5) from control box panel.
(3) Remove fiber washer (3), keyway washer (4), and rubber washer (6) from switch body (5).
(4) Remove screw (7) and wires (8) from switch terminal and mark each wire for installation.
(1) Remove dirt and corrosion from switch.
(2) Remove dirt and rust from threads of screws, nuts, and locking rings.
(1) Inspect switch for damage.
(2) Inspect wires for broken insulation or bare wires.
(3) Inspect threads and heads of screws.
(4) Remove all wires from switch to be inspected.
(5) Perform continuity test on switch and wires with a multimeter.
(6) Test all switch positions for shorts, opens, and high resistance
f. Repair or Replace.
(1) Replace all damaged screws, nuts, bolts, and washers.
(2) Replace all damaged or worn electrical wires.
(3) Replace damaged or unserviceable toggle switch assemblies.