2-64. ONBOARD (ROWPU POWER CONNECTORS).
a. General. Four onboard power cables on the ROWPU use female connectors that join with male
receptacles. This paragraph describes removal, disassembly, cleaning, repair, replacement, and reassembly of
onboard power connectors.
b. Removal. (Figure 2-71)
ELECTRICAL HIGH VOLTAGE
Electricity can cause serious injury or death. Be certain that all
power is removed before performing maintenance on electrical
(1) Unscrew knurled retainer nut (8) from receptacle installed in junction box or attached to another piece
of cable, such as the cable between the timer and the top of the control box assembly.
Pulling on cable when trying to separate a connector from a
receptacle may damage either cable or plug or both. Take care
not to damage cable or plug.
Grip connector firmly and gently wiggle it, while pulling at the same time and remove.
Remove two screws (1) and lockwashers (2).
Remove two cable clamps (3).
Hold connector shell (10) with one hand and socket body (6) with the other hand.
Unscrew connector shell (10) from socket body (6) and slip connector shell (10) back onto the power
Slip plastic insulating bushing (9) back onto the cable.
Slide knurled retainer nut (8) back over neoprene bushing (7) and back onto the cable.
Remove Oring seal (4) from front of socket body. Discard Oring (4).
(10) Push neoprene bushing (7) as far back on individual leads as the cable insulation permits.
(11) Tag leads and with soldering iron, heat each of four sockets (13) and pull out individual cable
from back of socket body (6).
(12) Remove socket body (6).
(13) Pull the neoprene bushing (7) from the four cable leads (5). Discard neoprene bushing (7).
(14) Pull knurled retainer nut (8) from cable, followed by plastic insulating bushing (9) and connector shell
(10). Discard plastic insulating bushing (9).
(15) Remove (if applicable) chain retaining screw (11) and lockwasher (12) from connector shell (10).
If cable to be replaced has a sealing grip on the opposite end,
refer to paragraph 263 for breakdown and removal.