(1) Inspect gage and glass for damage.
(2) Inspect threads of screws, nuts, elbow fittings, and tube coupling nuts.
(3) Inspect wrench seats on fittings and hardware.
(4) Check screw stems for breaks and bends.
(5) Check lockwashers for compression.
e. Repair or Replace.
(1) Replace damaged tube assembly or pipe fittings.
(2) Replace damaged or unserviceable pressure gage.
(3) Send damaged pressure gage and replaced parts to Direct Support Maintenance.
(4) Replace damaged nuts, bolts, screws, and washers.
f. Installation. (Figure 277)
(1) Insert gage (6) in mounting hole in panel (7).
(2) Insert three screws (4) through gage (6) and panel.
(3) Install three lockwashers (3) and three nuts (2) on screw (4).
(4) Install two 90° piping elbows (5) on gage (6).
(5) Connect two pressure-tube coupling nuts (1) on 90° piping elbow (5).
(6) Test pressure-tube fittings for leaks.
2-69. RAW WATER, BACKWASH WATER, AND BRINE WATER FLOWMETERS.
a. General. The flowmeters show the number of gallons per minute of water flowing through the meters. They
are installed in the water lines and are mounted on the control panel. This paragraph covers removal, cleaning,
inspection, replacement, and installation of the flowmeters.
b. Removal. (Figure 2-78) (ARMY)
(1) Loosen two unions (4) without removing the two meter coupling nuts or separating the unions.
(2) Remove four nuts (1) and four lockwashers (2).
(3) Remove mounting bracket (3).
(4) Separate two unions (4).
(5) Remove meter (5) with one half of each union (4), nipple (8), and associated piping (9) still attached,
to opposite ends of the meter.
(6) Remove meter mounting block (6) from control panel.
(7) Pull four mounting screws (7) out of control panel (10).
(8) Remove nipple (8) with one half of union from left side of meter.
(9) Remove piping (9) from right side of meter.