h. Installation. (Figure 2-79) (USMC)
Pipe unions are not tightened until meter is installed. Apply
Teflon tape to pipe threads before making connections.
(1) Install nipple (8) and piping (9) on meter (5).
(2) Position meter (5) with unions (4), nipple (8), and piping (9) on rear of panel (10).
(3) Attach unions (4), but do not tighten.
(4) Slide bracket (3) over stud (6) and secure using nuts (1) and lockwashers (2).
(5) Tighten unions (4).
2-70. PRODUCT WATER FLOWMETER.
a. General. The PRODUCT WATER flowmeter is a variable area type of meter, consisting of a float free to
move in a tapered tube. This paragraph describes the removal, cleaning, inspection, and installation of the
product water flowmeter.
b. Removal. (Figure 2-80)
(1) Unscrew and disconnect union (1).
(2) Remove two nuts (2), two lockwashers (3), and two oversized washers (4) from two bolts (5)
(3) Remove two bolts (5) from clamp and control panel.
(4) Unscrew and remove cap (6) from product water pipe and let it hang for reassembly later.
(5) Remove four nuts (7) and four lockwashers (8) from four bolts (9).
(6) Remove product water flowmeter (10) from control panel, complete with input and output pipes, and
remove four bolts (9).
(7) Remove four screws (11) and four lockwashers (12) from PRODUCT WATER flowmeter (10) and
(8) Remove bracket (13) from flowmeter (10).
(9) Unscrew and remove pipe assemblies (14) and (15) from flowmeter (10).
(1) Remove dirt accumulated between pipe mounting bracket and panel cutout.
(2) Clean corrosion and pitting from mounting bracket and control panel area covered by flowmeter when
(3) Remove rust from unions, mounting hardware, bolts, nuts, and their threads.
(4) Remove dirt and corrosion from PVC pipe threads that screw into flowmeter.
(1) Inspect flowmeter for free-moving float, cracked or broken glass, and damaged input or output pipe
(2) Inspect mounting hardware for damaged threads, bent bolt shanks, and damaged heads.
(3) Inspect coupling union for damaged flanges, mating parts, and coupling nuts.