h. Installation. (Figure 2-82) (USMC)
(1) Position pump assembly (1A) on pump stand (14) and secure using bolts (9), washers (10),
lockwashers (11), and nuts (12).
Check that all micrometers are set at 0 (zero).
(2) Attach the four manual stroke adjustment cables (7) to the micrometer heads (8) and tighten Allen
Adjust the micrometer back to settings marked down prior to
removal of cables (7).
(3) Screw on four nuts (2) and discharge hoses (5) on bottom of feed pump heads (13) and tighten the
four clamps (4).
(4) Install the four priming hoses (3) on top of feed pump heads (13) and tighten the four nuts (2).
(5) Install the chemical feed pump motor (1) in accordance with paragraph 2-48.
2-72. R.O. VESSEL ASSEMBLY.
a. General. The R.O. vessel assembly consists of four pressure vessels which remove dissolved solids,
including salt, from water. Each vessel is a tube made of spiral-wound fiberglass, with removable end caps at
either end. Each vessel contains two R.O. elements inserted end-to-end inside the tube. This paragraph
describes the removal, cleaning, inspection, and installation of the R.O. vessel.
b. R.O. Vesse l Piping Removal. (ARMY) (Figure 2-83)
R.O. vessels contain extremely high pressure during operation If
this pressure is not relieved before working on vessels, the tubes
can explode and cause serious injury or death. Be sure to open
all drains and vents before beginning disassembly of R.O.
Backwash ROWPU before removing R.O elements. Refer to
Operators Manual TM 10-4610-215-10/TM 08580A-10/1 for
cleaning and removal instructions. R.O. elements will be stored
Open all vents and drains of R.O. vessel and make sure R.O. vessels are completely drained.
On output end of R.O. vessel, loosen hose clamp (2) and remove plastic tube (1) from R.O. vessel (9).
Remove hose clamp (2) from plastic tube (1). Discard hose clamp (2) and plastic tube (1).
Remove two nuts (3) from bolts (4).
Remove two bolts (4) from pipe clamp (5).
Remove two sections of pipe clamp (5) and rubber grommet (8) from pipe (7).
Remove pipe (7) and coupling (6) from R.O. vessel (9).
Repeat steps (3) through (7) to remove pipe on input end of R.O. vessel.