(11) Remove red O-ring (15) and yellow O-ring (16) from end connector (14).
(12) Remove O-ring (13) from end plug (8).
For ease of installation of end cap, mark the position of the end
cap on the vessel.
f. R.O. Vessel End Cap Removal, (Figure 2-87) (USMC)
(1) Remove ten nuts (1) and lockwashers (2) from R.O. vessel studs (3).
(2) Unscrew and remove hose adapter (4) and spring clip (5) from product water tube (6).
(3) Unscrew Allen screws (7) from end plug (8) and end plate (9). Separate end plug (8) and end plate
(4) Remove spring clip (10) and O-ring (11) from feed port (12).
(5) Remove feed port (12) from end plate (9).
(6) Remove O-ring (13) from product water tube (6).
(7) Remove product water tube (6) from end plug (8).
(8) Remove end connector (14) from product water tube (6).
There are two Orings (one red and one yellow) inside end
connector. Red faces end cap and yellow the elements. Make
sure orientation is correct.
(9) Remove red O-ring (15) and yellow O-ring (16) from end connector (14).
(1 O) Remove O-ring (17) from end plug (8).
(1) Remove dirt from between brackets and frame.
(2) Remove pitted and corroded material from R.O. vessel, if R.O. vessel is to be reinstalled.
(3) Remove dirt, rust, and corrosion from the threads of bolts and nuts.
(1) Inspect R.O. vessel for damage.
(2) Inspect threads of bolts and nuts for damage.
(3) Inspect bolts for broken or bent shanks.
i. Repair or Replace.
(1) Replace damaged nuts, bolts, screws, and washers
(2) Replace used plastic tube and hose clamps.
(3) Replace spring locks and O-rings.
(4) Replace damaged pipe, pipe fittings, and pipe clamps.
(5) Replace damaged R.O. vessel brackets.
(6) Replace damaged or unserviceable R.O. vessel.