(1) Inspect R.O. pump for damage.
(2) Discard flexible hoses.
(3) Discard hose clamps.
(4) Inspect screws and nuts for stripped heads and threads.
e. Repair or Replace.
(1) Replace damaged nuts, bolts, screws, and washers.
(2) Replace flexible hoses and hose clamps.
(3) Replace damaged oil drain valve and pipe fittings.
(4) Replace damaged or unserviceable R.O. pump assembly.
(5) Repair R.O. pump suction/discharge assembly in accordance with paragraph 4-3.
(6) Repaint and install R.O. pump assembly in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures.
f. Installation. (Figure 288)
Weight of R.O. pump is 658 pounds (298 kg). Attempting to
move it without proper equipment could cause serious injury.
Use equipment rated at 1 ton (0.91 tonne) or more to move R.O.
(1) Install water drain reducer assembly (9) on R.O. pump (8).
(2) Place R.O. pump (8) on stand and align mounting holes.
(3) Insert four bolts (7) through R.O. pump (8) and stand.
(4) Install four lockwashers (6) and four nuts (5) on bolts (7).
(5) Install new hose clamp on water drain hose (4) and connect water drain hose (4) to water drain
reducer assembly (9).
(6) Install new hose clamp on oil drain hose (3) and install oil drain hose (3) to oil drain valve (10).
(7) Install two new clamps on suction hose (2) and connect suction hose (2) to R.O. pump (8).
(8) Install rupture disc piping assembly (1) to R.O. pump (8) using thread sealant and Teflon tape
(9) Connect union on rupture disc piping assembly (1) between R.O. pump and pulse dampener.
(10) Fill R.O. pump with oil. Refer to LO 10-4610-215-12 (ARMY)/LI-08580A-12 (USMC).
(11 ) Install R.O. pump pulley sheave in accordance with paragraph 2-77.
(12) Install R.O. pump belts in accordance with paragraph 2-76.
(13) Install R.O. pump belt shroud in accordance with paragraph 2-75.
(14) Perform operational test and check all fittings for leaks.