(1) Inspect belts for excessive wear, cracks, and dry rot.
(2) If any belt is damaged, replace all five belts.
d. Replacement. (Figure 291)
Replace belts only in complete sets of five. Do not replace one
belt or use a mismatched set.
(1) Install five new belts (5) on sheaves.
(2) Turn adjustment bolt (4) clockwise until tension on belts allows a deflection of one-half inch (1.3 cm)
midway between sheaves.
(3) Tighten lock nut (3) on adjustment bolt (4).
(4) Tighten four bolts (2).
(5) Install power cable and clamp (1) to base plate.
(6) Install R.O. pump belt shroud in accordance with paragraph 2-75.
2-77. R.O. PUMP PULLEY. (SHEAVE)
a. General. The R.O. pump sheave holds the five Vbelts that transfer power from the R.O. pump motor to
the R.O. pump. This paragraph describes removal, inspection, cleaning, and installation of the pump sheave.
b. Removal. (Figure 2-92)
(1) Remove drive belt shroud and drive belts in accordance with paragraphs 2-75 and 2-76.
After removal of shroud using a straight edge note the
approximate position of motor and pump (sheaves).
(2) Loosen, but do not remove, setscrew in hub (1).
(3) Remove three bolts (2) and three lockwashers (3) from hub (1) and sheave (4).
(4) Remove pump sheave (4) from hub (1).
(5) Using puller, remove hub (1) from pump shaft (6).
(6) Remove shaft key (5) from shaft (6).
(1) Remove dirt and peeling paint from sheave.
(2) Remove rust and corrosion from hub, sheave, and assembly hardware.
(1) Inspect sheave for cracks or other damage.
(2) Inspect hub for cracks or other damage.
(3) Inspect bolt heads and threads.