f. Installation. (Figure 2-96 and 2-97)
and two screws (6).
All pipe threads are to be assembled with thread sealant and
(Figure 2-96) Install retaining strap (5) and valve (4) to the frame using two lockwashers (7)
(Figure 2-96) Secure valve (4) to retaining strap (5) using two lockwashers (7) and two
(Figure 2-97) Install valve (4) to ROWPU frame with two screws (3) and two lockwashers (2).
(4) Connect coupling nut (1) to valve (4).
(5) Perform operational check and check all fittings for leaks.
2-82. COMMON FITTINGS AND LINES. (Figure 298)
a. General. The ROWPU has many pipes and fittings which are not normally removed. This paragraph
describes removal, repair, and installation of two typical pieces of piping.
b. Removal of Pipe Typical.
ROWPU piping and equipment can contain extremely high
pressure during and after operation. If this pressure is not
relieved before working on these pipes or equipment, serious
injury or death can occur. Be sure to open all drains and vents
before beginning any disassembly.
(1) Identify section of piping which is damaged or marked for removal.
(2) Trace pipe section to pipe unions at either end of section to be removed.
(3) Remove four nuts (1) and four lockwashers (2) and from four bolts (4).
(4) Remove four bolts (4) and four flat washers (3) from stand clamps (5).
(5) Remove top half of two clamps (5).
(6) Unscrew pipe unions at either end of section to be removed.
(7) Remove pipe (6) from ROWPU.
PVC pipes are bonded with cement which forms a permanent
bond. Use care in determining length required. Position pipes on
unit and apply cement upon installation. Do not attempt to
cement pipes and fittings together without positioning them on
c. Repair of Piping (PVC or Steel) (Typical.)
(1) If damaged pipe is PVC, reconstruct entire length of pipe between the two unions with new sections
(2) If damaged pipe is steel, remove the damaged pipe from elbows and replace.
(3) Replace all damaged nuts, bolts, screws, and washers.
(4) Repaint, as required, in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures.