d. Installation. (Figure 2-98)
All pipe threads are to be assembled using thread sealant or
(1) Hold pipe assembly (6) in place on ROWPU.
(2) Locate two clamps (5) and insert four bolts (4) and four flatwashers (3) through clamp (5) and ROWPU
(3) Install, but do not tighten, four lockwashers (2) and four nuts (1) to bolts (3).
(4) Connect pipe unions at both ends of installed pipe assembly.
(5) Tighten four nuts (1).
(6) Check all fittings for leaks.
e. Removal of Drain Pipe (Typical). (Figure 299)
Unscrew coupling nut (2) to remove pipe (8) from drain valve (1).
Unscrew coupling nut (3) by same method.
Remove two nuts (4) and two lockwashers (5) from bolts (6) on tube support (7).
Remove two bolts (6) from tube support (7).
Open tube support (7) and remove pipe (8).
Reassemble tube support (7) with other pipes in original positions.
Repeat steps (4) through (6) for each tube support holding the pipes (8).
Remove pipe (8) from ROWPU.
f. Inspection of Drain Pipe. Typical.
(1) Inspect threads on drain valve and fixture at other end of pipe for damage or corrosion.
(2) Check tube supports to make sure pipes remaining in the supports are properly positioned.
(3) Check for damage or corrosion of supports.
g. Repair or Replace.
(1) Replace all damaged nuts, bolts, screws, and washers.
(2) Replace all damaged pipe fittings.
(3) Replace all damaged pipe support clamps and tube supports.
(4) Repair drain valve assembly in accordance with paragraph 2-81.
(5) Repaint, as needed, in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures.
Apply thread sealing or Teflon tape on threads.