Section III. DIRECT SUPPORT MAINTENANCE PROCEDURES
3-6. ROWPU FRAME COVER
a. General. The ROWPU frame cover protects the ROWPU from the environment while in storage and during
transportation. This paragraph describes inspection and repair of the ROWPU frame cover.
b. Inspection. (Figure 3-1)
(1) Spread the cover flat on a clean surface with the outside up.
(2) Check that the rim strip around the edge or the cover is not coming unstitched.
(3) Check webbing straps for end clips.
(4) Check spring buckles.
(5) Check that all straps are securely sewn to cover. Mark loose stitching for repair.
(6) Check cover for tears. Mark for repair.
(7) Turn cover over. Check buckles on underside for serviceability.
(1) Sew patches on tears.
(2) Sew loose rim strip or webbing straps.
(3) Apply water-repellent solution.
3-7. PUMP COVER. (Figure 32)
a. General. Each of the four outlying pumps has a cover. This paragraph describes inspection and repair of
(1) Lay out the cover on a clean surface.
(2) Inspect outside cover and inner felt lining for tears, loose stitches, or wear.
(3) Inspect laces for wear.
(4) Check for missing or damaged grommets.