(1) Inspect the threads and heads of the screws for damage.
(2) Inspect for broken and bent screws. Replace if damaged.
(1) Press the new plate evenly onto the mounting surface, making sure that the screw holes in the plate
align with the screw holes in the equipment.
(2) Install the mounting screws or rivets. (Refer to figure 34 Data and Instruction Plates (Typical)).
3-10. DISTRIBUTION/BOOSTER PUMP MOTOR ASSEMBLY. (Figure 3-5)
a. General. This paragraph describes the disassembly, cleaning, inspection, component test, repair,
assembly, and operational test of the distribution or booster pump motors.
b. Motor Dissembly.
(1) If necessary, see paragraph 2-42 to remove distribution pump from frame and/or to remove power
(2) If necessary, see paragraph 2-49 to remove booster pump from ROWPU frame.
Objects blown by compressed air can cause serious injury.
Always wear protective goggles when using compressed air.
(3) Before moving motor into work area, blow dirt out of ventilation louvers,
Drycleaning solvent Fed. Spec. PD680 is potentially
dangerous. Avoid repeated and prolonged breathing of vapors
and skin contact. Do not use near open flame, arcing equipment
or other ignition sources. Always wear protective clothing and
(4) Clean motor using a stiff brush and cleaning solvent Fed. Spec. P-D-680.
(5) Allow to air dry.