Objects blown by compressed air can cause serious eye injury.
Always wear protective goggles when using compressed air.
(2) Before moving motor into work area, blow dirt out of external cooling fins on the motor casing and out
of ventilation louvers of fan cover with compressed air.
Drycleaning solvent Fed. Spec. P-D-680 is potentially
dangerous. Avoid repeated and prolonged breathing of vapors
and skin contact. Do not use near open flame, arcing equipment
or other ignition sources. Always wear protective cbthing and
(3) Clean motor using a stiff brush and cleaning solvent Fed. Spec. P-D-680.
(4) Allow to air dry.
Weight of R.O. pump motor is 251 pounds (114 kg). Attempting
to move it without proper equipment could cause serious injury.
Use equipment rated at 1 ton (0.91 tonne) or more to move R.O.
(5) Move motor into workshop.
(6) Remove pump from motor in accordance with paragraph 2-47.
(7) Remove four screws (1) (figure 3-6) and four lockwashers (2) from conduit box (10), gasket (4), and
conduit box cover (3).
(8) Remove conduit box cover (3) and gasket (4) from conduit box (10). Discard gasket (4).
(9) Remove nut (5), ground lug (6), and second nut (5) from grounding stud (7).
(10) Remove grounding stud (7) from motor casing (27) and conduit box (10).