3-15. RAW WATER PUMP MOTOR ASSEMBLY. (Figure 3-11)
a. General. This paragraph describes disassembly, inspection, cleaning, testing, repairing, and reassembly of
the raw water pump motor.
(1) If necessary, see paragraph 2-43 to remove raw water pump from frame.
Objects blown by compressed air can cause serious eye injury.
Always wear protective goggles when using compressed air.
(2) Before moving pump into work area, blow dirt out of motor and out of fan cover louvers.
Dry cleaning solvent Fed. Spec. P-D-680 is potentially
dangerous. Avoid repeated and prolonged breathing of vapors
and skin contact. Do not use near open flame, arcing equipment
or other ignition sources. Always wear protective clothing and
(3) Clean pump using a stiff brush and drycleaning solvent Fed. Spec. P-D-680.
(4) Allow to air dry.
(5) Move motor into work area.
(6) Remove two screws (1) from conduit box (4) and conduit box cover (2).
(7) Remove conduit box cover (2) from conduit (4).
(8) Remove two screws (3) from motor casing (18) and conduit box (4).
(9) Remove conduit box (4) from motor casing (18).
(10) Loosen four screws (5) from fan-end plate (9) and fan cover (6).
(11 ) Remove fan cover (6) from fan-end plate (9).
(12) Loosen setscrew (19) in hub of fan (7) and remove fan (7) from rotor shaft (14).