(15) Remove overload relay (3) with mounting bracket (20) attached, from base (13).
(16) Remove two screws (21) and two lockwashers (22) from mounting bracket (20) and overload relay (3).
(17) Remove mounting bracket (20) from overload relay (3).
(18) If applicable, repeat steps (14) thru (17) for the two additional overload relays (7) and (8) and
mounting bracket (23).
(19) Remove two screws (24) from heating element (25) and overload relay (3).
(20) Remove two screws (26) from spindle (27) and overload relay (7).
(21) Remove spindle (27) from overload relay (7).
Drycleaning solvent Fed. Spec. P-D-680 is potentially
dangerous. Avoid repeated and prolonged breathing of vapors
and skin contact. Do not use near open flame, arcing equipment
or other ignition sources. Always wear protective clothing and
(1) Using a soft brush and cleaning solvent Fed. Spec. P-D-680, remove all dirt, dust, and contaminants
from all metal and plastic parts.
(2) Remove dirt, carbon, and dust from electrical contacts.
(3) Remove contaminants from threads.
(4) Allow parts to air dry.
(1) Inspect plastic parts for cracks, fractures, or chipped edges.
(2) Inspect electrical contacts for pits or burning.
(3) Inspect contact springs for broken or deformed coils.
(4) Inspect heater element for burning.
(5) Inspect all hardware for damaged or stripped threads or heads.