(2) Check across contacts of overload relay. It should read short. If reading is open, depress RESET
lever. If reading is still open, replace overload relay.
(3) Check between terminals (2) and (3) of auxiliary switch. It should read open.
(4) Manually depress movable contact assembly into stationary contact assembly and hold in position.
(5) Check between upper and lower contacts of stationary contact assembly. It should read short.
(6) Check between terminals (2) and (3) of auxiliary switch. It should read short.
(7) Release movable contact assembly.
(8) Apply 110 Vat, 60 Hz across the terminals of the operating coil.
(9) Movable contacts should actuate and be held in position in stationary contact block assembly.
(10) Remove power from operating coil.
3-18. HIGH-PRESSURE SWITCH.
a. General. This paragraph describes the disassembly, repair, test, and calibration of the high-pressure
b. Removal. If necessary, remove the high-pressure switch assembly from the junction box in accordance
with paragraph 2-53.
c. Dissassembly. (Figure 3-14)
ROWPU piping and equipment can contain extremely high
pressure during and after operation. If this pressure is not
relieved before working on these pipes or equipment, serious
injury or death may occur. Be sure to open all drains and vents
before beginning any disassembly.
Prior to disassembly, clean all external surfaces with a soft brush
and a mild soap solution. Rinse with clean water and allow to