Drycleaning solvent Fed. Spec. P-D-680 is potentially
dangerous. Avoid repeated and prolonged breathing of vapors
and skin contact. Do not use near open flame, arcing equipment
or other ignition sources. Always wear protective clothing and
(1) Using a soft brush and cleaning solvent Fed. Spec. P-D-680 remove all dirt, dust, and contaminants
from all metal and plastic parts.
(2) Remove all dirt, carbon, and dust from electrical contacts.
(3) Remove all contaminants from all threads.
(4) Allow parts to air dry.
(1) Inspect plastic parts for cracks, fractures, or chipped edges.
(2) Inspect terminal strips for breaks and damage.
(3) Inspect micro switches for ease of operation.
(4) Inspect cam for pits, wear, breaks, and damage.
(5) Inspect compression springs for weakness, breaks, and fractures.
(6) Inspect all hardware for damage, stripped threads, or heads.
(7) Inspect all pipe fittings for damaged or stripped threads.
g. Repair or Replace
(1) Replace all gaskets, seals, and O-rings.
(2) Replace all damaged nuts, bolts, screws, and washers.
(3) Repair or replace damaged timer case.
(4) Replace damaged terminal block.
(5) Replace damaged P.C. board.
(6) Replace unserviceable timer motor.