Use cleaning compound that meets MIL-C-81302.
(1) Inspect connection points to pressure system, particularly welds, threaded connections, and machined
socket and flared ends.
(2) Inspect extent of corrosion damage to both case metal and exterior coatings.
(3) Inspect for physical abrasions.
(4) Inspect for galvanic action where gage touched mountings and piping.
(1) Attach input side of pressure gage to dead-eight gage tester shown in (figure 3-24).
(2) Close valve A.
(3) Open valve B.
(4) Add weight equal to differential pressure from 0 to 150 psid (0-10.55 kg/cm2d) in increments of 10
psid (0.7 kg/cm2d).
(5) Gage reading will be within ± 2% on increasing dial readings.
At each pressure, leave setting for two minutes to verify gage
seal. Reading will remain unchanged.
(6) Remove weight.
(7) Open valve A.
(8) Close valve B.
High pressure can cause serious injury or death. Take proper
safety precautions in case of unit failure during the high pressure
(9) Add weight equal to 5000 psi (351.54 kg/cm2).