e. Repair or Replce.
(1) Replace damaged, unrepairable, or unserviceable flowmeter assembly.
(2) Send replaced unusable product water flowmeter assembly to next higher level of maintenance.
3-28. BACKWASH WATER FLOWMETER.
a. General. The BACKWASH WATER FLOWMETER shows the rate of brine water flOW IntO the multimedia
filter during the backwash operation. This paragraph describes test and inspection of the BACKWASH WATER
b. Removal. If necessary, remove backwash water flowmeter assembly in accordance with paragraph 2-69.
Be sure to attach water source to inlet port of meter, which is
marked IN. Running water backwards into the outlet port can
Pipe leading to meter inlet (IN) for test must be straight for at
least 20 inches (50 cm) before entering meter. Otherwise, test
will not be accurate.
(1) Attach inlet port of a meter to a straight pipe, at least 20 inches (50 cm) long, leading to a metered
source. The source must have an output range of 20 to 150 gpm (76 to 568 Ipm).
If no metered source is available, run the source into a
graduated tank for 1 minute to determine exact flow rate.
(2) Run water through meter at a rate of 25 gpm (95 Ipm). If meter reading varies from flow rate by more
than 0.75 gpm (2.8 Ipm), discard meter.
(3) Run water through meter at a rate of 80 gpm (303 Ipm). If meter reading varies from flow rate by more
than 2.4 gpm (9.1 Ipm), discard meter.