(4) Run water through meter at a rate of 140 gpm (530 Ipm). If meter reading varies from flow rate by
more than 4.2 gpm (16 Ipm), discard meter.
(1) Inspect dial crystal for cracks or scratches.
(2) Inspect dial face for legibility. Make sure needle can move freely.
(3) During test, check meter body and dial for leaks.
e. Repair or Replace.
(1) Replace damaged, unrepairable, or unserviceable flowmeter assembly.
(2) Send replaced backwash water flowmeter assembly to next higher level of maintenance.
f. Packaging for Reissue.
(1) Tag tested serviceable flowmeter assembly for identification.
(2) Seal flowmeter assembly in a polyethylene bag.
(3) Package flowmeter assembly for reissue to Unit Maintenance.
3-29. BRINE WATER FLOWMETER.
a. General. The BRINE WATER FLOWMETER shows the rate at which brine water is flowing out of the R.O.
vessels. This paragraph describes test and inspection of the BRINE WATER FLOWMETER.
b. Removal. If necessary, remove brine water flowmeter assembly in accordance with paragraph 269.
Be sure to attach water source to inlet port of meter, which is
marked IN. Running water backwards into the outlet port can
Pipe leading to meter inlet (IN) for test must be straight for at
least 20 inches (50 cm) before entering meter. Othenwise, test
will not be accurate.