(1) Clean corrosion from mounting screws and external parts.
(2) Clean lubricant out of drive gear casing and pump blocks.
Drycleaning solvent Fed. Spec. PD-680 is potentially
dangerous. Avoid repeated and prolonged breathing of vapors
and skin contact. Do not use near open flame, arcing equipment
or other ignition sources. Always wear protective clothing and
(3) Soak parts and casings in cleaning solvent Fed. Spec. P-D-680. Use brush to remove accumulated
grease and dirt out of crevices.
(4) Soak ball bearing assemblies in cleaning solvent Fed. Spec. P-D-680.
(5) Wash ball bearing assemblies in cleaning solvent Fed. Spec. P-D680 carefully removing all dirt,
grease, corrosion, and chemicals.
(1) Inspect drive gear casing (pump block) assembly for cracks or breaks.
(2) Inspect drive coupling for broken, worn, or missing teeth.
(3) Inspect worm gear for broken, worn, or missing teeth.
(4) Inspect upper ball bearing for wear and excessive play.
(5) Inspect pump block for cracks, fractures, or chipping.
(6) Inspect worm wheel for broken, worn, or missing teeth.
(7) Inspect ball bearing for wear or excessive play.
(8) Inspect crankshaft cam lobe for wear, nicks, scratches, or fractures.
(9) Inspect Woodruff keys and mounting slots for wear, chips, or fractures.
(10) Inspect stopping flange for wear, chips, or fractures.
(11 ) Inspect hardware, screws, bolts, or nuts for stripped threads, bent shanks, or damaged heads.