(7) Install ball bearing (7) on worm gear (4).
(8) Install C-clips (5) and (6) on worm gear (4) and screw worm gear clockwise into pump block (3).
(9) Install feed pump stroke control in accordance with paragraph 3-33.
(10) Install pump head assembly in accordance with paragraph 3-32.
(11 ) Install pump block head assembly in accordance with paragraph 3-30.
(12) Install pump motor in accordance with paragraph 2-48.
3-32. CHEMICAL FEED PUMP HEAD ASSEMBLY.
a. General. The chemical feed pump head assembly feeds measured amounts of chemicals into the ROWPU
water system. This paragraph describes disassembly, inspection, cleaning, and reassembly of the chemical feed
pump head assembly.
b. Removal. Remove pump block assembly in accordance with paragraph 3-30.
c. Disassembly. (Figure 3-29) (ARMY)
(1) Loosen gland nut (9) to relieve pressure on plunger (7).
(2) Loosen, but do not remove, yoke screw (1) and spread yoke-type holder (4) gently.
Nicks or scratches on the plunger will cause frequent packing
failure. Take care not to damage plunger.
(3) Grasp pump body (2) and remove from plunger (7) by pulling straight away from the holder (4).
(4) Using a socket head, remove two screws (3) from pump holder (4) (center holes, top and bottom).
(5) Remove holder (4) from pump block (27).
(6) Unscrew bushing screw (5) and remove from pump rod with plunger (7) attached.
Split ring (6) may drop off when removing plunger. Take care not
to lose parts.