Leave 0.002 inch (0.051 mm) play between adjusting nut and
Hold holder (4) in place on pump block and align two mounting holes.
Install two screws (3) through top and bottom center hole of holder (4) and pump block (27).
Slide pump body (2) straight over plunger (7) and seat into yoke-type holder (4).
Tighten yoke screw (1).
Tighten gland nut (9) to seal against plunger (7).
Install pump block assembly in accordance with paragraph 3-31.
i. Reassembly. (Figure 3-30) (USMC)
Improper assembly will cause equipment failure. Ensure that
extreme care is taken during reassembly. Observe piece parts
as related to top and bottom of head assembly.
(1) Install O-ring (4), valve guide (5), O-ring (6), ball (7), valve seat (8), and Wing (9) on valve carrier
(2) Carefully screw valve carrier (10) into head assembly (l).
(3) Install O-ring (12), valve guide (13), O-ring (14), ball (15), valve seat (16), and O-ring (17) on valve
carrier (11 ).
(4) Carefully screw valve carrier (11) into head assembly (1).
(5) Secure head assembly (1) to pump block (18) using washers (2) and screws (3).
(6) Install block/head assembly in accordance with paragraph 3-30.
3-33. CHEMICAL FEED PUMP STROKE ADJUSTMENT CONTROL.
a. General. The chemical feed pump stroke adjustment control regulates movement Of the Plunger which, in
turn, move the desired amount of chemicals into the ROWPU water being purified. This paragraph describes
removal of these controls for repair, or replacement, and installation.