h. Repair or Replace.
(1) Replace all gaskets, O-rings, and seal rings.
(2) Replace all damaged screws, nuts, nut caps, and washers.
(3) Recut threads of adjusting spindle or replace if badly damaged, bent, or unrepairable.
(4) Replace damaged or unusable flange.
(5) Remove burrs from adjustment wheel with file or emery cloth.
(6) Replace adjustment wheel if badly damaged and unrepairable.
i. Installation. (Figure 3-31) (ARMY)
(1) Slide adjusting spindle (10) through flange (7).
(2) Place gasket (9) on flange (7).
(3) Install seal ring (8) on hub or flange (7).
(4) Hold gasket (9) and flange (7) in place on pump drive unit and align mounting holes.
(5) Install three screws (6) through flange (7), gasket (9), and pump drive unit.
(6) Install washer (4) and O-ring (5) on shaft of adjusting spindle (10).
(7) Insert adjustment wheel (3) on adjusting spindle (10).
(8) Install nut (2) on adjustment spindle (10).
(9) Install protective cap (1) on nut (2).
(10) Install pump head assembly in accordance with paragraph 3-32.
j. Reassembly. (Figure 3-32) (USMC)
The adjusting wheel (vernier) is a delicate piece of equipment.
Improper calibration or operation can result in an unusable water
supply. Make sure work area is clean. Dirt or grease will damage
(1) Install O-ring (18) on spindle (17) and position in pump body (19).