(2) Install seal ring (16) and nut (15) on spindle (17).
(3) Install shaft assembly (14) on spindle (17) and lock together using nut (15).
(4) Install O-ring (8) on adjusting spindle (7).
(5) Install O-ring (6), scale collar (5), adjusting wheel (4), and washer (3) on adjusting spindle (7) using
Allen screw (2).
(6) Install cover (1) on adjusting wheel (4).
(7) Position flange (9) and shaft assembly coupler (12) on frame assembly (10).
(8) Install adjusting wheel assembly with flange (9) into shaft assembly coupler (12) and secure using
grub screw (11).
(9) Attach assembly to frame (10) using washers (20) and three screws (13).
(1) Package reassembled unit in polyethylene bag to keep dust and moisture out of drive gear
casing/pump block and pump head while working on other components of chemical feed pump block/head
(2) Unit will be packaged for reissue to Unit Maintenance when it is reassembled with other components
in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures.
3-34. CHEMICAL FEED PUMP FRAME AND VALVE ASSEMBLY.
a. General. The four priming valves of the chemical feed pumps are located on an inverted U-bracket frame
which bolts to the floor of the ROWPU. This paragraph describes removal, cleaning, inspection, and installation of
the valve and frame assembly.
b. Removal. (Figure 3-33) (ARMY)
(1) If necessary, remove the chemical feed pump motor in accordance with paragraph 2-48 and the
chemical feed pump assembly in accordance with paragraph 2-71.
(2) Loosen twelve hose clamps (2) holding plastic tubes (1) to valves (10).
(3) Remove twelve plastic tubes (1) and twelve hose clamps (2) from valves (10).
(4) Remove four nuts (3) and four lockwashers (4) from bolts (5).
(5) Remove four bolts (5) and lift off valve mounting panel (6) from two vertical supports (13).
(6) Loosen four setscrews (7) from four handles (8).