(22) Remove stand (21) from pump frame (14).
(23) if replacing pump casing or petcocks remove two petcocks (22) and adapter (24) from pump casing
(24) If replacing pump casing or priming plug, remove priming plug (23) from pump casing (2).
(1) Wash metal parts in a mild soap solution.
(2) Rinse in clean water.
(3) Allow to air dry.
(4) Clean rust and corrosion from threads of assembly hardware, inlet and outlet ports, priming plugs, and
(1) Check suction sleeve for cracks and excessive wear.
(2) Inspect priming plug for stripped heads and threads.
(3) Inspect petcocks for stripped threads and broken handles.
(4) Inspect bolts and screws for damaged heads and threads. Check for broken or bent shanks.
(5) Inspect pump impeller for dented or broken blades.
e. Repair or Replace.
(1) Replace used gaskets, stationary seat gaskets, mechanical seals, stationary seats, O-rings, slingers,
(2) Replace damaged nuts, bolts, screws, lock bolt, washers, and lockwashers.
(3) Replace damaged or worn suction sleeve, diffuser, and fan cover.
(4) Replace damaged priming plug and petcocks, if threads cannot be recut.
(5) Retap threads on pump frame, pump stand, and pump case, or replace component part, if badly
(6) Replace unrepairable pump impeller.
(7) Repair motor assembly in accordance with paragraph 3-15.
(8) Send unrepairable pump to next higher level of maintenance.