(17) Install four bolts (1) through pump frame (14). and pump case (2).
g. Packaging for Reissue.
(1) Tag repaired serviceable pump assembly for identification.
(2) Package pump assembly for reissue to Unit Maintenance.
3-36. BOOSTER/DISTRIBUTION PUMP.
a. General. This paragraph describes disassembly, Cleaning inspection, repair, and reassembly Of the
b. Disassembly. (Figure 3-36)
(1) If necessary, see paragraph 2-49 to remove booster pump from ROWPU frame or paragraph 2-42 for
removal of distribution pump.
Objects blown by compressed air can cause serious eye injury.
Atways wear protective goggles when using compressed air.
(2) Before moving pump into work area, blow dirt off pump frame and adapter.
Drycleaning solvent Fed. Spec. P-D-680 is potentially
dangerous. Avoid repeated and prolonged breathing of vapors
and skin contact. Do not use near open flame, arcing equipment
or other ignition sources. Always wear protective clothing and
(3) Clean pump using a stiff brush and cleaning solvent Fed. Spec. P-D-680.
(4) Allow to air dry.
(5) Move pump into work area.
(6) Remove four bolts (1) from pump casing (12) and suction cover (2).
(7) Remove suction cover (2) and gasket (3) from pump casing (12). Discard gasket (3).
(8) Remove three screws (4) from motor (16) and fan cover (5).
(9) Remove fan cover (5) from motor (16).