e. Repair or Replace.
Replace all gaskets, Wings, mechanical seal, stationary seat, stationary seat gasket, and pump
Replace all damaged nuts, bolts, screws, and washers.
Replace all damaged, fractured, or worn springs and spring retainers.
Repair pump bracket by welding cracks and fractures, or replace bracket if badly damaged.
Retap threads in suction cover, pump casing, and motor assembly, or replace component part if badly
Replace unrepairable pump impeller.
Repair pump motor assembly in accordance with paragraph 3-10.
Send unrepairable pump assembly and all replaced component parts to next higher level of
maintenance for disposition.
f. Reassembly. (Figure 336)
(1) Install new slinger (15) on shaft of motor (16).
Stationary seat and stationary seat gasket are parts of the
mechanical seal, replace entire mechanical seal during
(2) Install new stationary seat gasket (14) and new stationary seat (13) in pump casing (12).
(3) Insert and twist pump casing (12) into bracket (11).
(4) Install four bolts (10) through bracket (11) and motor (16).
(5) Insert shaft of motor (16) through pump casing (12) and bracket (11) and align mounting holes and
tighten bolts (10).
(6) Install new mechanical seal (7), spring (8), and spring retainer (9) on impeller (6).
Install impeller with thread-locking compound.