(18) Remove four sockethead bolts (15) from motor (19) and adapter (16).
(19) Remove adapter (16) from motor (19).
(20) Remove slinger (17) from shaft of motor (19). Discard slinger (17).
(21 ) Remove splash plate (18) from shaft of motor (19).
(22) If replacing pump casing (2) or priming plugs (20), remove two priming plugs (20) and (21) from pump
(23) If replacing pump casing (2), remove adapter (22) and petcock (23) from casing (2).
(1) Wash metal parts using a stiff brush and a mild soap solution. Rinse with clean water. Allow to air dry.
(2) Remove rust and loose paint from pump casing and adapter. Prepare for repainting, if necessary.
(3) Remove rust and corrosion from bolts.
(1) Inspect spring for strength and damage.
(2) Inspect pump impeller for dented or broken blades.
(3) Inspect priming plugs for stripped heads and threads.
(4) Inspect pump casing and cover for cuts, scratches, and damage.
(5) Inspect pump motor in accordance with paragraph 3-13.
e. Repair or Replace
(1) Replace all gaskets, O-rings, slinger, and soft parts.
(2) Replace all damaged nuts, bolts, screws, washers, shaft keys, impeller bolt, and shaft sleeve.
(3) Retap threads in pump casing or adapter, recut priming plug threads, or replace damaged and
unrepairable component parts.
(4) Replace damaged or fractured spring.
(5) Replace unrepairable pump impeller.
(6) Repair or replace damaged adapter, adapter cover, and splash plate.
(7) Repair pump motor in accordance with paragraph 3-13.