(5) Remove O-ring (6) from keeper (4) and replace O-ring (6).
(6) Reassemble valve.
(7) Repeat test and adjustment of valves in accordance with subparagraph b.
3-40. CARTRIDGE FILTER ASSEMBLY.
a. General. The cartridge filter provides an additional stage of filtration between the multimedia filter and the
R.O. vessels. This paragraph describes removal, inspection, repair, and installation of the cartridge filter
b. Remove. (Figure 3-48)
ROWPU piping and equipment can contain extremely high
pressure during and after operation. If this pressure is not
relieved before working on these pipes or equipment, serious
injury or death maybe caused. Be sure to open all drains and
vents before beginning any disassembly.
Ensure that filter tank is completely drained of water before
(1) Remove pipe cap (1) (figure 3-48, sheet 1 of 2) from vent vessels pipe.
(2) Remove two nuts (2), two lockwashers (3), and two large flat washers (4) from two bolts (5).
(3) Remove two bolts (5) from bracket and ROWPU frame.
(4) Have one person support pipe section (7) and unscrew union (6).
(5) Remove pipe section (7).
(6) Unscrew two unions (8) on product water pipe and remove pipe section (9) from ROWPU.
(7) Unscrew coupling nut (10) and disconnect from inlet pipe (13).
(8) Loosen two hose clamps (12) and remove flexible hose (11) from inlet pipe (13).
(9) Remove hose clamps (12) from flexible hose (11).
(10) Remove inlet pipe (13) from cartridge filter (31).