(1) Inspect tank for damaged mounting holes in flange.
(2) Inspect tank for cracks, fractures, and holes.
(3) Inspect lifting lugs for breaks, cracks, or fractures.
(4) inspect all pipes, pipe fittings, and tube assemblies for cracks, bends, stripped threads, and fractures.
(5) Inspect pipe cap and connecting chain for breaks and serviceability.
(6) Inspect all hardware for stripped threads, damaged heads, and bent shanks.
e. Repair or Replace.
(1) Replace all damaged nuts, bolts, screws, washers, and other hardware.
(2) Replace all used hose clamps and flexible pipe.
(3) Replace all damaged, fractured, or unserviceable pipe fittings, tube assemblies, and pipe.
(4) Repair by straightening, or replace all tank brackets and braces and clamps.
(5) Replace damaged, unrepairable, or unserviceable cartridge fitter assembly.
f. Installation. (Figures 3-46)
Installation of cartridge fitter requires the use of a 1-ton (0.907
tonne) crane in order to prevent damage.
(1) Attach three crane hooks to lifting eyes of cartridge filter and hoist into ROWPU frame.
Cartridge filter must be slightly rotated to clear outlet pipe and pulse dampener.
(2) Lower cartridge filter until just above floor of frame.