(3) Carefully position, as a single unit, hub and drum assembly over end of spindle (36) (figure 3-55) and
slide into position.
(4) Pack outer bearing cone (34) in accordance with Lubrication Order, LO 10-4610-215-12, then install
outer bearing cone (34)
(5) Install spindle
Difficulty in installing the outer bearing cone may be present, if
so, slightly push on top of hub, tilting it back and forth until
bearing cone slips into place.
lock washer (33) and inner spindle nut (32) finger tight.
Do not over tighten inner spindle nut; doing so can cause
heating, accelerated wear, and bearing failure.
(6) Using the spindle nut wrench and handle, and while turning hub and drum assembly, tighten inner
spindle nut (32) until tight, and hub and drum assembly can no longer be turned. Then back off inner spindle nut
(32) until hub and drum assembly turns freely.
(7) Install spindle tongue washer (30) and outer spindle nut (31). Secure using spindle nut wrench and