(7) Install spring pin (1), then position washer (10) on assembled pin assembly and gasket (11) between
cap (14) and base (23).
(8) Install assembled pin assembly through cap (14) and gasket (11) and into base (23).
(9) Securely tighten screws (12) previously installed.
The following steps may require assembly, disassembly and
reassembly because shims are to be added as required to
assure assembly will swivel and lock into position.
(10) Install shims (18) through (21) as required. Shim thicknesses are: red .0020, tan .0040, natural .0075,
and brown .0100.
(11 ) Aligning screw holes, position plate (17) to base plate (22) and install lock washers (16) and screws
(12) Check to be sure assembly will swivel and lock into position. If not, repeat steps (10) and (11), but
remove shims as required. Continue the procedure until assembly will swivel and lock into position.
(13) Lubricate in accordance with Lubrication Order, LO 10-4610-215-12.
f. Installation. (Figure 3-58)
(1) Position swivel assembly (3) and gasket (4) to trailer frame.
(2) Install screws (1) and jack stop stud (2), torque screws (1) and jack stop stud (2) to 45-55 ft. lbs.
(3) Refer to paragraph 2-23 and install leveling jack assembly.
3-46. ROWPU FRAME. (Figure 3-60)
a. General. The various components of the ROWPU are mounted to the ROWPU frame. This chapter
describes repair of the frame and the removal and installation of the ROWPU frame (ARMY) from the trailer
(1) Straighten all bent, twisted, or dented frame members using conventional repair methods
(2) Repair and reweld all cracked and broken welds.
(3) Remove inserts (1) through (9) from frame assembly (figure 3-60).
(4) Remove nuts (10) through (12) from frame assembly.