GENERAL SUPPORT MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS
Section I. REPAIR PARTS, SPECIAL TOOLS, TMDE AND SUPPORT EQUIPMENT
4-1. GENERAL. Repair parts are listed and illustrated in TM 10-4610-215-24P (ARMY). USMC users refer to
SL-4-08580A. No special tools are required for general support of the ROWPU.
Section II. GENERAL SUPPORT (INTERMEDIATE)
4-2 R.O. PUMP.
a. General. This paragraph describes disassembly, cleaning, inspection, repair, and reassembly of the R.O.
Weight of R.O. pump is 251 pounds (114 kg). Attempting to
move it without proper equipment could cause serious injury. Lift
motor with equipment rated at one ton (0.91 tonne) or greater.
If necessary, remove R.O. pump from ROWPU frame in accordance with paragraph 273.
Before moving pump into work area, wash entire pump with a stiff brush and a mild soap solution.
Rinse with a fine spray of water and allow to air dry.
Move pump into work area.
Remove suction/discharge assembly from pump power frame in accordance with paragraph 43.
Remove air breather (1) (figure 4-1) from pump power frame (38).
Remove oil sight gage (2) from pump power frame (38).
Remove oil drain valve (3) from pump power frame (38).
On each of five wiper boxes, remove two nuts (4) from studs (10).
(10) Remove gland (5) from studs (10).
(11) Remove follower (6) from wiper box (7).
(12) Remove wiper box (7) from pump power frame (38).
(13) Remove packing (8) from wiper box (7). Discard packing (8).
(14) Remove seal (9) from wiper box (7). Discard seal (9).
(15) Remove two studs (10) from pump power frame (38).
(16) Remove sixteen capscrews (11) from power frame (38), gasket (13), and crankcase cover (12).
(17) Remove crankcase cover (12) and gasket (13) from power frame (38). Discard gasket (13).
(18) On each of five connecting rods, remove two bolts (14) and two lockwashers (15) from connecting rod
(32) and connecting rod cap (16).