(1) Inspect tire for cuts, cracks, or uneven wear. Measure tread depth using tread gage at three equally
spaced points on tire (should be more than 1/8 in.). Replace if damaged or badly worn. Repair tires as required.
(2) Inspect wheel for bends or cracks. Replace, if damaged.
(3) Inspect valve stem for cracks or loose or damaged valve. Replace valve stem or valve, if cracked or
e. Assembly. (Figure 29)
(1) Install new valve and valve spud valve (3) in wheel assembly (2), then install washers (6) and (5) and
nut (4) over valve and valve spud valve (3).
(2) Using proper tire replacement tools, replace tire (1) on wheel assembly (2). Fill tire with proper amount
of air, 75 psi (5.27 kg/cm2).
f. Installation. (Figure 2-8)
(1) Trailer must be in raised position.
Tire and wheel assembly weight is 122 pounds (55.39 kg). Injury
can occur if caution is not used when replacing on hub.
(2) Carefully position tire and wheel assembly (7) on hub (8).
Righthand threaded lug nuts are to be installed on the curb side
hubs and left-hand threaded lug nuts are installed on the road
side hubs. Thread rotation is marked on the stud. Be sure
lefthand threaded nuts are placed on studs marked with an L
and righthand threaded nuts are placed on studs marked with
(3) Install lug nuts (6) and tighten finger tight.
(4) Using a standard lug nut wrench and handle available from a towing vehicle, tighten lug nuts (6) in
order shown on (figure 210), until snug.
Lug nuts will not be fully tightened at this time.
(5) Slowly turn both crank handles (2) counterclockwise to raise jack pads (5). This will lower the trailer.
(6) Continue to lower trailer until wheels are securely on the ground or floor.
(7) Using the lug nut wrench and handle, securely tighten lug nuts (6) in order shown on (figure 2-10).
(8) Continue to turn both crank handles (2) in a counterclockwise direction until jack pads (5) both are fully
(9) Remove both crank handles (2) from jack units (4) and replace crank handles on rear of jack support
brackets (3). Secure with safety pins (1).
(10) Refer to TM 10-4610-215-10 and rotate jack assemblies to the horizontal position.
Prior to moving trailer, be sure to remove chocks placed under