Z Nonrepairable item. When unserviceable, condemn and dispose of the item at the level of maintenance shown
in third position of SMR Code.
O Reparable item. When not economically reparable, condemn and dispose of the item at organizational or a
viation unit level
F Reparable item. When uneconomically reparable, condemn and dispose of the item at the direct support or
aviation intermediate level
H Reparable item. When uneconomically reparable, condemn and dispose of the item at the general support level.
D Reparable item. When beyond lower level repair capability, return to depot. Condemnation and disposal of item
not authorized below depot level.
L Reparable item. Condemnation and disposal not authorized below specialized repair activity (SRA).
A Item requires special handling or condemnation procedures because of specific reasons (e.g., precious metal
content, high dollar value, critical material, or hazardous material). Refer to appropriate manuals/directives for
National Stock Number. Indicates the National Stock Number assigned to the item and which will be used for
d. CAGEC (Column(3)). The Commercial and Government Entity Code (CAGEC) is a 5-digit numeric code which
is used to identify the manufacturer, distributor, or Government agency, etc., that supplies the item.
PART NUMBER (Column (4)). Indicates the primary number used by the manufwturer, (individual, company,
firm, corporation, or Government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the item by means of its engineer-
ing drawings, specifications standards, and inspection requirements to identify an item or range of items.
When you use an NSN to requisition an item, the item you receive may have a different
part number from the part ordered.
DESCRIPTION AND USABLE ON CODE (UOC) (Column (5). This column includes the following informa-
(1) The Federal item name and, when required, a minimum description to identify the item.
(2) The physical security classification of the item is indicated by the parenthetical entry, e.g., Phy See
C 1 Confidential, Phy Sec C1 (S) Secret, Phy Sec C1 (T) Top Secret.
(3) Items that are included in kits and sets are listed below the name of the kit or set.
(4) Spare/repair parts that makeup an assembled item are listed immediately following the assembled item
(5) Part numbers for bulk materials are referenced in this column in the line item entry for the item to be
(6) When the item is not used with all serial numbers of the same model, the effective serial numbers are
shown on the last line(s) of the description (before UOC).