a. USABLE ON CODE. The usable on code appears in the lower corner of the Description column heading. Usable
on codes are shown as "UOC ........ in the Description Column (justified left) on the last line applicable item description/no -
menclature. Uncoded items are applicable to all models.
b. ASSOCIATED PUBLICATIONS. The publications listed below pertains to the Walter Purification Unit. Re-
verse osmosis. 600 GPH and its components.
Operators Manual Water Purification Unit Reverse Osmosis 600 GPH
Trailer Mounted Flatbed Cargo, 5 Ton 4 Wheel Tandem Model ROWPU
Organization Direct Support and General Support Maintenance Manual,
Water Purification Unit, Reverse Osmosis 600 GPH Trailer Mounted
Flatbed Cargo 5 ton 4 Wheel Tandem Model ROWPU 600-1
HOW TO LOCATE REPAIR PARTS.
When National Stock Number or Part Number is NOT Known.
(1) First. Using the table of contents, determine the assembly group or subassembly group to which the
item belongs. This is necessary since figures arc prepared for assembly groups and subassembly groups, and listings are
divided into the same groups.
(2) Second. Find the figure covering the assembly group or subassembly group to which the item belongs.
(3) Third. Identify the item on the figure and note the item number.
(4) Fourth. Using the Repair Parts Listing, find the figure and item number noted on the illustration.
b. When National Stock Number or Part Number is Known.
(1) First. Using the Index of National Stock Numbers and Part Numbers, find the pertinent National Stock
Number or Part Nurnber. The NSN index is in National Item Identification Number (NIIN) sequence (see c-4a.(1)). The
part numbers in the Part Number index are listed in ascending alphanumeric sequence (see paragraph c-4b). Both indexes
cross-reference you to the illustration figure and item number of the item you arc looking for.
(2) Second. After finding the figure and item number, verify that the item is the one you arc looking for,
then locate the item number in the repair parts list for the figure.
ABBREVIATIONS. Abbreviations used in this manual arc listed in MIL-STD-12.