Close the prime assist valve (6).
Remove the prime assist and replace the plug (4).
Clean any sand and debris from the prime assist and place the prime assist inside the ROWPU van.
Priming will take several minutes, depending on the length of suction hoses used. Check
the following conditions to ensure a good prime:
· Check the elevation of the pump above the water level (para. 2-13, Fig. 2-22).
· Check to see that the strainer is floating properly and not being held out of water.
· Check each hose connection between the pump and water's edge.
· Check for gaskets, gasket damage, and complete closure of the connector levers.
· Check for flapper movement to ensure it will open. See Raw Water Pump
Troubleshooting. Notify organizational maintenance if pressure cannot be established.
Start-up procedures (Figure 2-42).
Figure 2-42. Start-Up Procedures
Change 12 2-76.1/(2-76.2 blank)